A trip to the grocery somehow reminds me of Chemistry class. Acesulfame potassium, Sodium acetate, Monosodium glutamate are just few of the many additives, enhancers, artificial coloring names that reminded me of my Junior High year. I was never been a fan of chemistry anyway and I certainly don't want to beat my brains out over a bottle of Knorr/Maggi sauce and how a teaspoon of it would affect my anatomy. Microwave heated meals, prepared sauces and canned foods, an epitome of what Not to eat but I eat anyway. Welcome to my world!
It was just another weekend trip to the supermarket when I came across an aisle of ready made sauces. One particular bottle caught my attention. With its I'm brighter-than sunshine-color and a-steal-3.50-euro-for-a-pure-lobster-essence-price, this bottle screams artificial and I just could not wait to try it. Just a little bit of pimping and this sauce would be promising. After all, there's no unsavory sauce that enough butter and cream can not salvage.
Gnocchi with Shrimps in (bottled) Lobster Sauce
- Clean, peel and devein 500 g of tiger shrimps.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of butter in a skillet or pot and saute shrimps until it turn pink. Season with salt and pepper, take it out of the pan using a slotted spoon and set aside leaving as much butter as possible.
- Deglaze pot with 250 ml of wine , I used Rosé since FF opened a bottle the night before.Let wine cook for about 3 minutes while scrapping the pan with a wooden spatula.
- I then stir in the contents of this wonder lobster sauce into the pot. Lower the heat to medium and let sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, covered.
- Carefully stir in 200 ml of cream until everything is well incorporated. Bring sauce to a gentle boil.
- Add in 50 g of freshly shredded Pecorino Romano cheese. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Fertig!
After using 500 g of gnocchi, I still have some leftover lobster sauce which I used for lunch the next day. I just cooked another batch of shrimps, although salmon cubes on pasta could also be a nice alternative. Serve with garden fresh salad and there goes your balance diet. Carb on your right, coke on your left and lettuce leaves in the middle to cool your head.Enjoy!