Thursday, April 21, 2016

Sliced Rosemary Potatoes

Since coming to Germany, I've eaten enough potatoes to last me a lifetime. 

Growing our own potatoes ensure that our kitchen is filled with it all year long. Bratkartoffel or fried potatoes is a constant fixture in our dining table that even my potato loving husband finally complained. So, I consulted with my know-it- all best friend , Mr. Google , for some much needed potatoes- related advices.

As usual, I thanked for the clues but end up doing things my way, using things I have available.




I washed and pat about 600 g of potatoes.  Then slice , carefully trying not to cut through. Which is not as easy as I thought, by the way. 


 Then I drizzle the potatoes with olive oil.  Season it generously with sea salt, then pepper.



Chopped some rosemary and sprinkle it over and in between the potatoes slices.  Bake it for 20 minutes under 220 °c. 



I then took the baked potatoes out of the oven, then squeeze  a tablespoon of garlic butter on top of each potato. Put the oven to '' grill'' or ''broil'',  then pop it right back in to brown for another 10 minutes .


This particular Sunday lunch had a happy end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...