Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry



When it comes to food, golden brown is my favorite color. Spring rolls , french fries, chips, bread, fried chicken, roast,  pies, cookies are just few foods the come with this color. This month, I make sure to add more hues into my plate. You know what? Colors come with flavours. Duh! After three weeks of consuming bright, zesty, flavorful foods ,plus a daily half an hour rendezvous with rusty-no- more home trainer,  I manage to shred THREE freaking kilograms-ses! I'm one happy loser! The best part is, I never really feel like I'm on ''Diet''. Oh I hate that word!
Oh I still eat my carbs, and my ice creams, and my chocolates, all right. But, I have been so full from eating my veges and fruits, I don't really have the cravings to eat the whole bag of chocolate or 5 scoops of ice cream or empty the entire contents of my rice cooker anymore. Yup, I am full, feeling not a bit deprive of anything. This recipe is just one of the things I've tried. It's delicious and it's green. It says it all, don't you think?

Ingredients:
350  g Chicken, boneless, skinless, cut into strips or cubed
Marinade: 1 tbsp. light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp . white pepper, 1 tsp. sesame oil, 2 tbsp. cornstarch, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. white sugar

Sauce : 2 tbsp. light sauce sauce, 2 tbsp. oyster sauce, , 1 tbsp. corn starch,  3 tbsp. sugar dissolved in 1 cup of water.

1 Broccoli head, cut into bite sizes, blanched
1 bell pepper, sliced
3 tbsp. Olive oil for sautéing, 
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 onion, diced


Cooking instructions:
1. Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a pan. Brown chicken pieces, once chicken is almost done, stir in crushed garlic. Stir until garlic is aromatic. Take out of the pan.


2.Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil in the pan, toss chopped onion. Stir in blanched broccoli, stir fry for 3 minutes . Stir in  bell pepper. Add in chicken and garlic back into the pan. Toss until well combined. 




 3:Stir in sauce. Simmer for a minute or two  or until sauce thickens. Test taste. Season with salt.





4. Serve hot and  with white fluffy rice. Done!



Crunchy veges, melt in the mouth tender chicken pieces and savoury sauce. Beat any Chinese take out, any day. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...