Friday, August 22, 2014

Restaurante El Tres, Málaga


A very reliable source told me, if I want to eat well in Malaga, then I should steer clear of the touristic spots, forget Tripadvisor and go where locals go. Since he brought me to Tapa bars with delicious precious treats that still haunted me in my sleep and most of my working hours until today, I cease to question his expertise in this matter. How could I , when his love for good food is as evident as his sun kissed skin anyway?

 El Tres, is in his opinion the best restaurant in Malaga. So El Tres we went .Was it really the best in Malaga? I honestly can not say, for although FF and I were spoilt by smorgasbord fantastic foods during our stay, thanks to this reliable source anyway,  there still hundreds of restaurants left unexplored  , savouries untried and treats untested.   One thing for sure though,  that dinner in El Tres was the best  we had in the city.




Service was  exceptional. Waitstaff served with ease efficiency without compromising  the typical Malaguenean warmth. It must be the weather. 365 days of  sunshine  makes people naturally  cherry. Germany could really need more rays of sunlight .

Menu was not overwhelming . The moment we placed our order, we were served freshly baked, warm bread to start our meal.  I know a good restaurant the moment I get their bread. Trust me on this one! Little details like this, make one restaurant stand out from the rest. The bread was served with finest olive oil. FF and I enjoyed it very much. How could something profoundly simple could be soooo satisfying? I just asked myself  as I put another chunk of oil dipped warm, crusty bread into my anticipating maw. 


On the house amuse bouche. Porra with finely diced egg and hamon. The cold , creamy soup subtly taste of tomatoes and paprika. It was light and each ingredient are cook like they are meant to be cooked together.



Next to follow was another amuse bouche of Monkfish pate with monkfish cream and pepper sauce. I love everything in this dish! The watchful waitstaff saw how I enjoyed it with the rest of my bread, she offered me another warm roll.



Sarpacion de Marisco y conchas Malaguenas
Starter. Seafood and Malaga's shell salad. Light and sublime,  packed with abundant creatures of the sea. The vinaigrette brought the fresh tomatoes , finely chopped chives and  seafood enough zest to whet my already tantalized appetite.

Parrillada de verduras con vieras y fruta asada
Grilled vegetable and fruits with scallops. The vegetables and fruits were  kissed  by the torrid heat and attain a trace  of smokey goodness  while still retaining its crunch and texture. FF hates zucchinis but he enjoyed this one immensely . The cherries was filled with sweetish mango puree by the way , and were simply divine. The scallops are succulent and fresh, it literally melt in my mouth . This dish   is one of my favourites of the night.


Our maître, Juanjo, slicing the main dish. Chateaubriand de Solomillo de
 Terna Gallega con salsa ' Bearnesa'



Our main dish for two. Galician Chateaubriand . The tenderest cut of beef and done really well . Seared to a perfect brown-burnish tinge with a tantalisingly sexy and butter tender meat within. I like my steak almost bloody and this  is just made for me.  It was the best piece of meat I had in my recent memory.   A steak obviously cooked for steak lovers.


Main dish was served with rich  sauce Béarnaise so good I could dive in it, potato fries and sautéed crunchy vegetable.




My stomach was full, my body fed but my soul years for something more and it is called... Dessert! There must be an unrevealed chamber in a woman's anatomy that automatically unlocks and opens itself , leaving a gaping hole that needs to be filled, when she's about to end a meal. A meal, no matter how good,  will never be completed without it. So I had a cocktail sorbet-alcohol free, which I slurped happily. Drinkable dessert! Now that's a first! A bite sized, on the house morsel of chocolate tipped choux party and that gaping hole vanished with a resounding  dang! Ahhh what a  meal. 






Restaurante El Tres
Calle Strachen 7
Malaga
+34952223364


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...