Since coaching apparently isn't working, we resort to challenging. A weight loss challenge with some cash involve. Recession and potential christmas shopping could be the push we all direly need. So weigh ourselves , wrote that dreaded numbers on a piece of paper and promise each other to stay fit , healthy and yes, shred few unwanted kgs before 2015 ends. Whoever loses weight the most, gets the money. The prospect of being few bucks richer in December pulls us like donkeys on a carrot and stick for months.
The group tried , I know. We keep tab on each others s
So instead of trying to loss weight, each of us is now determined to make our opponents gain more weight than us!
We women are devious creatures!
1 kg cassava/maniok, peeled and grated
1 can condense milk
2 cans ( 400ml each) coconut milk
1/2 cup or 100 g granulated sugar
50 g butter, melted
3 eggs beaten
4 egg yolks
1 bottle macapuno
a handful of cheeses ( I used Parmesan and Emmental)
1 can ( 400 ml) evaporated milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, put coconut milk, 2/3 of the condense milk, sugar and melted butter. Mix everything thoroughly. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, put grated manioc or cassava and 3 beaten eggs.
3. Add in 2/3 of macapuno strip. Stir! Stir! Stir!
4. Fold in cassava mixture into the liquid mixture. Mix well until everything is well incorporated.
5. Pour batter in a well -greased/buttered baking pan /pans. I used 2 baking pans.
6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and grated Cheddar/Emmental over it. Bake in a preheated oven ( 175°C) for about 30 to 35 minutes until set but the middle still wobbles.
7. While cake is baking, make custard topping. In a mixing bowl , beat together 4 egg yolks, the rest of the condense milk and evaporated milk. Whisk until mixture becomes homogenous. Stir in the rest of the macapuno strips.
8. Take almost cooked cassava cake from the oven and pour custard topping on top. Pop it back in the oven, increase temp. to 180°c and bake until custard is set and turns golden brown. Takes 15-20 minutes.