I should really come up with a better name than that. Say, raspberry float or cream dream ?! Summer slurp ?!?! Okeey, is it just me or things are starting to get a tad bit weird around here? I guess, recipe naming is way beyond by ability scope so let's just leave it to the masters. However, don't let my lukewarm/so-so dessert name fool you for it will knock you off your feet.It might go straight to your hips but who cares! It tasted better than ice cream without the churning and bain- marieng! No frills, no bake, an absolute foolproof yet so delicious and so easy to make you could practically do it while swirling and tiptoeing around your kitchen in tutus . Here's how to do it.
- Bake/Toast a handful of sliced almonds until aromatic and golden brown. Set aside.
- Beat 500 g mascarpone cheese , 200 g Speisequark or farmer's cheese with 3 tablespoon of caster sugar using an electric mixer. You could naturally add more sugar if you like your dessert sweeter. Hey it's your blood sugar!
- Beat 400 ml cream and 2 tbsp of vanilla sugar until frothy. Add cream stiffener if necessary and beat until soft peak is formed. Add into the mascarpone & cheese mixture and whisk together until well combined.
- Prepare serving dish. Ideal would be glassware for wow effect. Spread cream & cheese mixture as a base.
- Cover cream mixture with meringue.
- Spread cream & cheese mixture over meringue.
- Sprinkle frozen raspberry . Very important! Use frozen raspberries instead of fresh ones. It will thaw in an hour or so.
- Spread cream & cheese mixture over the berries, sprinkle crushed biscuits/cracker like: Graham, Leibniz or similar and garnish the whole thing with toasted almonds and raspberries. It serves 12 .
Alternative: The Mango version
|Mango -Oreo Dessert ala Emily|
I actually liked it better than the raspberry but it's a personally preference. I luurve mangoes!
Let the pictures guide you. Spread cream & cheese mixture, add crushed biscuits, cover biscuits with meringues, spread cream over it. Easy, no?
I then cut 1 huge, ripe mango into small cubes. Pureed another smaller mango with 1 tbsp vanilla sugar. You could also use mango pulp. Mix cubed mango and mango puree/pulp ( about half a cup). Spread mango mixture over cream & cheese mixture and you could serve it as it is.