500 g king prawns, peeled and deveined
4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
2 carrots, peeled and chopped roughly
1 celery stick, chopped
1 small stalk of leek, chopped
1 big onion, diced
3 tbsp. butter
1 big can of corn kernel, liquid discarded
1L shrimp/crustacean stock
300 ml water
a handful of chopped parsley
salt and pepper
Cooking Instruction :
1. Heat butter in a large pan. Add diced onion and cook gently for about 5 minutes or until aromatic and softened.
2. Add carrots, celery, leek and potatoes. Add water and half o the stock, bring to a boil and lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Using a hand held mixer or blender, process until your desired consistency is achieved, I like my chowder a bit ''chunky'' so few pulses will do. You could process it until smooth.
4. Put the thickened chowder back into the pan. Add the rest of the stock, adding more liquid if necessary . Stir in corn kernel and shrimp. Cook for about 7 minutes.
5. Stir in cream, bring to a boil , season with salt and pepper.
6. Saddle the soup into individual bowls and garnish with chopped parsley .