I was not able to take a picture of the preparation since it was late and making this is such a brisk.
1 cup white sugar
500 ml cream
250 ml chocolate milk
300 g bitter chocolate, chopped
1 pack Philadelphia cream cheese
250 g Mascarpone cheese
4 egg yolks
3 whole eggs
1 can condense milk
1. Heat white sugar in the pan until caramelised. Pour caramel into your flan mold/ ramekins. Allow to cool.
2. Put together chocolate milk, cream and chopped chocolate in a sauce pan. Let it simmer gently until chocolate melts , stir and let the mixture becomes homogeneous. Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Using a blender or electric mixer, mix cream cheese, mascarpone , eggs , egg yolks and condense milk. Blend/ mix until smooth. Slowly pour chocolate-milk-cream mixture . Continue mixing until everything is well incorporated.
4. Pour flan mixture over caramel .
5. Bake Bain-Marie ( water bath) for 40 to 45 minutes , depending on the size and thickness of your pan, at 165 °c until edges are set but the center still a bit jiggly. The flan will harden as it cools. Allow to cool off completely before refrigerating.
6. To serve, run a thin knife around the edge of the flan, invert onto the serving plan. Serve cold.