Friday, March 24, 2017

Salmon Teriyaki

Salmon is probably my favourite fish in the ocean or any water body in that matter. I like  so much,  I can not eat it often enough. 

I like it raw and dipped in wasabi soy sauce





I like it flambeed ,




 I liked it pouched  , grilled





fried and served with rice





I like it in my sinigang soup, in my  Pasta



  even in my Curries!



 Okey,  I guess you already get the picture.

Considering how I love to stay in bed and  hibernate during cold season , grow abundant leg hairs in my sleep, growl when angry, veering towards hostile when hungry,  I could be a reincarnated bear for I know. One things for sure though,  I definitely share their love for this fish.

So when I found another delicious looking Salmon dish  on the Internet, I went off to buy my favourite sea creature and risk Poseidon's wrath for contributing to this fish's depletion.

Salmon Teriyaki



I made a lot of salmons in my life but THIS ends my favourite! It also happens to be one of the easiest salmon recipes I made.


Ingredients:


600-1000 g salmon,
depending on how much people you're feeding
For the Teriyaki marinade:
5 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
5 tbsp. light soy sauce
3 tbsp. rice vinegar , Mirin if you have some
5 cloves of garlic, ( cause I lurve garlic😍)
1 tbsp. ginger, diced or cut thinly
a dash of Worcestershire sauce
few drops of sesame oil
1 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Now, this is the concoction that suited me best, however you are free to add or use less  any of the ingredients above to suit your palate. If it's to sweet for you, simply cut the sugar or honey. If too bland, add more teriyaki or soy sauce. You want it extra or less garlicky, again it's your choice.






First , prepare the Teriyaki sauce by mixing the ingredients in a big mixing bowl.  



Next, wash salmon , pat dry and cut it into serving pieces. 
I'm cooking for three so I got about 600 g . Then marinate salmon in teriyaki sauce for 15-20 minutes, not longer, we don't want to pickle the fish.😋



Preheat oven ( 190 ° C) , line baking try with parchment paper . Take  salmon out from the marinade, keep the marinade and transfer salmon onto the baking tray. I'm serving mine with asparagus. Bake for 14-20 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish filet.


While fish is baking, put marinade in a saucepan and cook until it thickens.  Set aside.



Brush salmon halfway through baking with the cooked teriyaki sauce and bake until fully cooked.


Salmon Teriyaki


Transfer salmon unto the serving plate, drizzle with the rest of the cooked teriyaki sauce, garnish with green onion and sesame seed. Eat it with rice or mash potatoes and grilled veggies or green salad.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...