Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mango Ice Cream

Among all the fruits in the universe, mango is my favorite. Well Philippine mangoes to be exact. Since I'm far away from home, I settled for second...er third  sorry fourth best mangoes known to man. The one I could buy here at least. If you haven't tried our Mangoes before, I really really recommend it. Just give it a teeny tiny try when you visit Philippines and I swear, you will be a changed man.

Since temperature is steadily soaring and since after my   first ice cream recipe I made an ought to use my Ice cream machine to the point of exhaustion, I decided to make Mango ice cream. If homemade ice cream sounds too intimidating for you, give this recipe a try. It is so easy even kids could do it. The best thing is, you don't even need an ice cream machine!  I could almost hear mine sigh in relief!


First, take the flesh out from three  ripe mangoes and puree it. To make things much easier for you, you can use mango pulp which is available at any Asian store. Try one from the Philippines if I may say. I'm really rubbing it in, am I? (^_^)

Whisk together 1 tube ( 170 g) of condense milk and 200 ml of milk until well mixed. Add in 400 ml of cream and whisk until just frothy. Do not over beat because what goes up, goes down, The cream may collapse when frozen making the ice cream hard.

Whisk in mango puree or mango pulp.



Transfer mango cream in a container and freeze. After few hours and when ice cream starts to firm up, mix in few cubed mangoes for extra texture. This step is however, optional. Put container back into the freezer until serving time.

Sooooooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...